Apple recently released the iPhone 4S. Everyone’s initial reaction to the new product was “okay.” It seems like no one thinks it’s anything special because it doesn’t have a big design change or a jump in quality like the one from iPhone 3GS to 4. Or is it just because Steve Jobs wasn’t there to release it with a bang? We’ll delve into the depths of this new iPhone in order to see if it’s that great.
- DESIGN: As everyone knows, there really isn’t a change here, it’s the same as the iPhone 4. There’s no change in screen size or thin design like many people would have anticipated. Of course, both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are available on Sprint now, which means more options when it comes to carrier choice.
- BRAWN: There were some changes on the inside. iPhone 4S now has an 8MP camera that can shoot video in full HD. It also has a dual core processor and dual core graphics, which is a nice improvement. Android and Windows Phones have had this stuff for a while now, though.
- OPERATING SYSTEM: iOS 5 is due to release on the twelfth, so until then, we can’t really say how the OS will be.
- SIRI: From what we’ve heard, the service works well. I bet this will make the iPhone 4S a must-have for owners of older iPhone models. For some reason, it isn’t coming to the iPhone 4.
- PRICE: Same thing. $199 is the cheapest. The iPhone 4 is at $99 now, so that may be a deal to look out for. The iPhone 3GS is free on AT&T, but it’s so behind these days feature-wise, that you couldn’t pay me to buy that one.